This topic has been covered many times before..so a search might offer up some more comments.

One of my favorite parts of visiting JVD is the hike from Great Harbor to White Bay (EDITED - previously wrote Little Harbor for some reason).

I usually poke around Foxy's for a while, because their gift shop is one of the BVIs very best, listen to a song or two if Foxy himself is playing then grab a roadie and head towards White....probably stopping for another roadie (or a water if that's what the body needs) along the way...best pricing and last stop is at Rudy's marketplace I believe....

Then take off the tshirt, cuz it's going to get soaked...and start hiking....any decent flip flops are probably adequate...I've done it barefoot too, but it's hot...You just need to watch out for the taxis...since there are no sidewalks.

If you are in reasonable shape and don't mind sweating a little bit, it's a great little hike, takes maybe 15 minutes to reach top and ten or less to walk down.

Along the way, you'll be rewarded with a spectacular view of white bay. Timing is key here...anytime before or around noon and the photo alone is worth the hike. As the sun sets, the beach gets more and more washed out in photos.

On the way down, and enroute to Soggy, you get the added bonus of visiting Ivans stress free bar...I'd suggest pulling in for another roadie (or water) and checking out the second story patio. Then, if you still think you need to go to Soggy Dollar, walk the beach...you'll have to cross over some rocks via a very short trail...

Last edited by Murdock; 01/21/2016 04:01 PM.