SXMScubaman said:
When I'm there for a month in May there are plenty of people frequenting orient beach. Been there in the summer months of June and July. Plenty of visitors to the island and Orient. You can't define a successful business with just missing a few months of high season, so it's called. Plenty of business to be done all year long and profits can be made from intelligent business practices. High season isn't the only profitable season to be had.

I also totally disagree. Missing the season can devestate a business. An example....what would any retail store or chain be like if they totally missed the Christmas Season?? Most of the profit for any establishment is made during their peak times. These poor owners have lost over SIX MONTHS of income.....including the high season of NOVEMBER, DECEMBER, JANUARY, and so far almost half of February. And....as you made mention too, the Summers still have people going to orient....BUT...they were closed During JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, and OCTOBER. Maybe not the peak months....but still business lost. I totally agree with Pat....the Government should be ashamed of what they did to these poor people...especially after the money these folks spent to clean up after last years hurricane damage.