it's OK Carole... everyone has to have a hobby:-)

it was a cool shell and as soon as I got out of the water with it, there were a half dozen people asking where I found it - broken shells were all over the beach - the almost intact one was the only one I found...

to be fair - there were plenty of live conch further out and deeper (as I would have expected) - I left them alone as I had no intention of eating the conch (don't know how to prepare it - had a delicious conch stew on super bowl sunday so no objection to eating them) - but it's sort of how I feel about hunting - shouldn't kill things just for the heck of it - only if I was going to eat...

anyway - we booked the exact same unit for next year - cannot say enough nice things about the St. Martin rentals staff (Lydia and Christine) or about the unit (Blue Fish Condo - though I hesitate to mention it because I don't want it to get too popular:-) We did exactly what we wanted to do - which was wake up every morning - cross the street to KonTiki - walk four miles on the beach - then drink wine and watch the ocean the rest of the day... I did some swimming and snorkeling, too - but only when I wanted to