marisol said:
We have spent many long weekends in OSJ over the years. I agree with all of Cleobeach's recommendations. There is much to do in OSJ. We found the Bacardi tour boring. You do not visit the real distillery. The tour is in a building with mock ups and scenes of what rum making is. The forts and the rainforest are the real deal! Enjoy your time in Puerto Rico, the people are very friendly.

I hesitate to comment because we didn't visit but two friends that did (one lives there 6mo of the year) shared similar thoughts about the Bacardi tour. One likened it to a corporate headquarters information center.

And I agree on the warmth of the people.

On our first morning, we were approached by a policeman in OSJ who just wanted to know if we needed any directions. We ended up talking to him for 20 minutes. He sent us to his favorite breakfast spot and turned us on to the tour of the governor's mansion.

At our hotel (both times) the employees were great sources of information on things to see and do. Not in the standard service industry way but in a way that they had pride about where they lived and wanted people to see the best it had to offer.

We are seriously considering another stop over in SJU for our next trip.