All that is needed in Canada is 1st Aid course which has defibrillator as part of the program. It is so easy to use with the instructions given to you as soon as you turn it on. We have them in every one of our city facilities along with them on our fire rescue trucks. I'm trained to use one myself and would love to see them at each beach location on the island. My husband 2 years ago performed CPR on a gentleman at mullet bay beach who was also visiting off a cruise ship. The beach folks dragged the poor man out of the water thinking he had drowned when in fact it was a heartattack. My husband a full time firefighter worked on him for over 30 min before ambulance arrived. Unfortunately the victim did not survive but my husband believes a defibrillator would have given him way more of a chance of survival along with a quicker response from the paramedics. Overall the wife of the victim was very thankful for my husbands attempt at trying to safe him and the cruise captain did take very good care of the wife and her family after the incident. So sad to hear of situations like these. God Bless the families who have lost there loved one.