I'm in The Bight at Norman right now. My home cell plan (Rogers from Canada) let's me "roam like home" plus I have a 15 gb per month plan so I use Lime or AT&T depending on quality of signal. I pay a $10/day roaming fee for the first 10 days of a new month then no more charges each month. USA based travelers seem to always want to use AT&T whereas Lime is just as good and much better coverage all around the BVI's. I think maybe American based traveller's carriers don't offer good roaming plans because I always see Americans scrambling for the crappy wifi signals on shore - (herky jerky wifi that halts and throttles all the time). At Norman and Sopers you get a good AT&T signal but it fades fast as you go east in the BVI's. I stream hockey games on Lime plus lots of txting and phone calls - no problem. Digicel has a good signal but they are all screwed up in terms of their interaction with my host carrier. They don't seem to get that I have 15gb per month and keep txting me with ridiculous claims of amounts charged. Then I call Rogers (my home carrier) and they say no such charges on my account. I've been here since November and can definitely confirm that Digicell's messages to me are whacked - no such charges on my account.

I'm growing old but not growing up!