What an upsetting evening. We were on our way to Grand Case for dinner and were going around the roundabout at the end of the Causeway. A policeman waived at us and directed us to a parking area beside the roundabout. Another office came over and told us our plates had expired yesterday and that our car was being seized. He told us to call our rental company, Unity. He gave us a ticket for $150. The tow truck operator called Unity for us (I was so upset I kept misdialing). After a half hour someone from Unity came and put new plates on the car. He took the ticket and said he’d take care of it. The officer also said it was the responsibility of the Rental company. Unity said they weren’t supposed to do this to rental cars. We didn’t really get any satisfactory explanation from Unity why we had an old plate and way they hadn’t contacted us to come in and exchange it. I sure am going to Insist on some compensation form Unity. Standing in a field in the dark for a half hour not knowing what’s going to happen is one sure way to ruin an evening. We did eventually get to Grand Case, but it sure wasn’t the pleasant dinner we had planned. Just so you know, the old plates are orange and the new are light blue. I you have an orange plate on your rental (I am still seeing some) DON”T drive it!