I went off island today on AA's 8:00 flight to MIA, then connecting to flight to Raleigh. Check in was easy, but instead of the usual "precheck" on my boarding passes, I had SSS...(I don't pay for precheck, but usually get it on my boarding pass) I go through the scanner, but then also have to be body checked...fine...then to my gate and right before the final passport check before boarding, there was a table to the left with 2 security personel. When I handed in my boarding pass, I was told to go over there, where I was searched again...and on the table was a paper with 4 names(mine included) on it to be body patted/checked - some how we were hopefully randomly selected at check in for this.
THEN in MIA before even getting to the immigration areap, everyone had to show their passport before continuing/sort of like a roadblock set up...they were looking for someone for sure...I have the mobile passport app and getting through was a breeze...but then again going through security before my MIA to raleigh flight, I was body checked again...I thought it was something on my pants (little silver ends) but the woman said it was something on my back that showed up in the photo...very very strange day and the funniest thing happened while waiting for my suitcase in MIA, got talking to another woman also waiting and she asked me if I was on TTOL and was I Sungoddess!!!