Maybe the best day yet! We slept in this morning and consequently didn't leave as early as we hoped. None the less, we headed off to Marigot to take the ferry to Anguilla. Found parking easily today. Signed in at the ferry, paid our tax and decided to walk around for about 20 minutes to check out the markets. The ferry left on time and the boat ride over was uneventful. Once there, we cleared immigration and customs in minutes. We were greeted by a lady from the chamber of commerce who was pushing us to visit Rendezvous or Cove Bay, she even gave us a restaurant certificate. At first I thought she was another timeshare salesperson but I was wrong. We had our sites set on Shoal Bay so we found Ingrid and her taxi who offered to take us there for $26 each way. Ingrid was friendly and informative about her country. She took us to Elodias Beach Bar at our request and we agreed on a pickup time when she dropped us off.
We spent the entire day on Shoal Bay Beach. This is a very beautiful, quiet beach. The sand is white, soft and fine. The water is very colorful too.
We also liked the vibe at Elodias Beach Bar. Very friendly, talkative people and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. We also rented two chairs and an umbrella from Elodias for $10.
We decided the cost of the ferry ride was well worth it and will definitely return to Shoal Bay someday.
After our trip to Anguilla, we headed to Grand Case to check out Calmos Café. We arrived about 15 minutes before sunset so we were able to watch the sun disappear into the horizon today from our table at Calmos Café. We had an excellent dinner. My wife had the Goat Cheese Salad which she would recommend to everyone. I had the Mahi Burger (Mahi steak on roll). We finished dinner off by splitting a crème brulee. Very good meal. Only complaint is that it took 2 hours from start to finish smile
The ride back from Grand Case at 8 pm was uneventful and we are now sitting on our balcony listening the ocean.