Hard I'm sure for authorities to know whether a totally bogus rumor or when these things have a grain of truth.

As far as I know there are no Mosques in the BVI, that well could be wrong, just never heard of any. If is the case, it is less likely a radicalized group in the country to commit acts or aid outsiders in carrying out attacks.

There is not a large number of immigrants given status to stay in the islands on welfare as is the case in Europe. There are no weapons readily
available for sale.

So terrorists would likely have to come by water, have everything they need with them and have little chance of escape if escaping was their plan.

Reading I see accounts that there are areas of the Caribbean that have sent an estimated 150 to join ISIS. In addition Hezzbolah and the Iranian Quds force is active in South America and the Caribbean which I found surprising and scary.

Resort communities have been somewhat popular targets in the Mideast and Far East for this ilk. There is no limit to the depravity of the crazies. Though I doubt the threat is valid, I'm sure glad it is taken seriously and one more reason to not get too complacent.