She is a great lady. We had a little confusion back in March as she always called me "JR". There is a guy who is there most of the time I am on the island and he mistakenly calls me "JR and Hilma heard him and always called me "JR". Other friends went to Hilma's this past trip and when my name came up (JD), it confused Hilma. I guess they got it all worked out and on my last couple of stops Hilma and I had a good laugh about it and she made sure to call me by the correct name.

Hilma would get confused to as where people were from as she seemed to think the US consisted of New York, Texas and Cleveland. We talked about it last year (and I think she talked to other people about it also) so I took her a map of the US and also a road atlas to better show each state. She already had a US map since last year but was very appreciative of what I brought her. She found the road atlas very confusing.

Her claim to fame was Anthony Bourdain stopping there and featuring her on one of his shows. She still takes care of business the same way she always has and is a joy to visit with when she has the time.

Glad you got to experience it.

J.D.