This is my first post and I'd like to begin by applauding the members for their willingness to educate others through their experiences and local knowledge. Everyone's love for the island is addictive and inspiring. I began researching the island but I still had many questions until I found this forum. Almost all of my inquiries were answered as I sifted back through the threads the last month as an anonymous user. As all your heads were ready to explode over the service compris/pourboire/tipping issue AGAIN, lol, I was getting an education that I would have never realized or even thought about.

We will be making our first visit this July and staying in the La Savanne/Mont Choisy area. It's our 7th visit to the Caribbean in 4 years but all the others have been in an all inclusive environment. St Martin has been on our bucket list of destinations and it's exciting as our vacation nears.

The majority of our beach time will be at Happy Bay. I have read about some "shenanigans" from some locals in the bushes but since an arrest in November there hasn't been much chatter. Has anybody heard of any activity like that in the last few months at Happy Bay? My wife feels a little uneasy about that possibility.

Also, is there a boulangerie that someone could recommend in Grand Case that opens early?

And finally, I could use a little direction about visiting Club O. I read that at some point in the spring they stop charging for parking??? Is it still okay to park there in July? I assume it's a walk down a visitor's path from the parking lot to the beach. After reaching the beach, which direction would I need to go to the Papagayo Restaurant and what should I be aware of or sensitive to when selecting a lounger?

Once again, thanks to you all for your kind local info to us St Martin newbies. My wife and I have learned so much on this forum about the other places on the island that we hope to visit during our 12 day stay. It's a wonderful community you have here.