Hi, I'm not a techy, so I really don't know much about all the gadgets you all talk about. I do know one thing...not many of them work in St. Martin. When wifi is working (on again, off again), I use FaceTime, Skype, Netflix etc. When it's not, (limited service in SXM is an understatement). it doesn't really matter because, you can go to the beach. Most of the phone companies in the States will tell you they all work in SXM...they don't or it costs you more than they tell you. If you absolutely have to make a call just stop and get some lunch on the beach somewhere, use their wifi, make the call, then relax and enjoy a stress free holiday. Don't waste your vacation money on gadgets that you (most likely) disappointed with or are unreliable. The easiest thing to do is rent a phone from Sharon or buy a sim for $25 and use the gadget you already have. Buy a few bucks worth of minutes on Bla Bla or any other card, have the same phone # year after year, have the same sim year after year, no fuss. I've used the same cheap Nokia phone, Dauphin sim and Tel # for 20 years. Total dollar amount invested.....$50 in 1996 + $5 (per yr) call minutes. OK, done rambling. Enjoy.