Let me begin by saying that I don't post often but read often and value the wealth of information each of you have. This is our 6th trip to the BVIs. This trip will be a little different than our others. We have done strictly land based and crewed charters. This time we are blending land and charter. We are staying on VG for four nights at Adagio (Thanks Brian) and 5 nights aboard a captain only from July 6-15.

This time we are going with our two boys (ages 8 and 11) for the first time and my parents. I need some guidance with traveling with my dad who is partially paralyzed (right side stroke).

My first question is getting from STT to VG. We are trying to avoid the ferries at all costs. We contacted island birds and fly BVI for a quote on chartering a plane which is a little more than we wanted to spend, but not ruled out yet. If we go by private air, where do we clear customs? I am also confused about the departure tax. One charter company says $15 pp departure tax and the other $40 pp. Do we pay the departure tax on arrival even though we are leaving by boat? I vaguely remember on our last charter that we have checked in and out at the same time. Is this the case with arriving by air charter?

We also spoke with someone at VI connection water taxi and got a decent quote. Has anyone ever heard of them? We got a quote from Dolphin water taxi and it was the same as a private air charter (no brainer which we would pick).

On to my next question: our itinerary. We only have five nights. I am not concerned with cramming a lot in as we have done this before. I am concerned with where we can go with my dad. We think he should be able to get into the dingy and would like to take him to B-line bar, Cooper island, Prickly Pear. We are not interested in going to White Bay anymore, but maybe out to Anegada. Is there a dock in Anegada that we can be dropped off at? Where else can we go with someone with mobility issues?

I know this is a lot to take in, but my dad had his stroke 15 years ago and although he is paralyzed, we don't want him to stop adventuring. He travels regularly and was lucky to do a week on a monohull nearly thirty years ago.

I appreciate any feedback or precautionary wisdom anyone would care to give.