Here is a (sort of) English version of a story about this proposed project on Pinel. I am stunned that the Collectivite' would even considering granting permission for this to happen, after all the hoopla over the one restaurant there that had to be removed.

There was a more readable English version of the story in the Daily Herald in the full version the other day, but not in the online version, as far as I can tell. Here is my synopsis of what the DH article said, but I do not at all understand what the last sentence, highlighted in bold, means. That sentence is verbatim from the article. The rest is my synopsis of the article, or how I understood it anyway.

On Thursday the 13th, the Terriotrial Council discussed a proposition of a company to build an eco-lodge on Pinel. What was apparently before the Council was a requested change of the zoning status of the land from a zone in which no construction is allowed, to allowance of the construction of a tourism project. The concensus of the meeting was that there needed to be more information obtained about the project before a change in the land use could be approved. First Vice President Arnell stated it would be unlikely that the Council would approve the project, saying it would create a free for all on Pinel. It was decided that the measure would need to be submitted for public inquiry. “ In the end, a motion to allow a declaration of project procedure was passed with 14 votes.”

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 10/18/2016 02:07 PM.