We were in Charleston last month! We loved it…. but oh my is August hot! A family wedding in Beaufort (another beautiful city in SC) took us there so we decided to add a few days in Charleston. A wonderful decision indeed.

[Linked Image]

While in Charleston a carriage ride is a must! There are also some wonderful walking tours.

[Linked Image]

Definitely plan for some wonderful meals in your budget. Charleston is not a place you want to cut corners on the food budget! Husk is a wonderful recommendation. If you check out Netflix for Anthony Bourdain’s “Parts Unknown” he featured the city, Husk, and the chef Sean Brock in a Nov 2015 show.

[Linked Image]

One of my favorite things about the city were the many rooftop bars scattered across the city. Our favorite was the rooftop bar at The Vendue Hotel. They have amazing views, great breezes, some wild cocktails and light meals (tapas). A little pricey, but once again worth every penny. This place is also a must.

[Linked Image]

I would love to go back in October when it is cooler and explorer even more. Just to walk around downtown and take in the homes with all their colors…

[Linked Image]

and the beautiful window decorations.

[Linked Image]

And by chance if you do get hot… It is ok to cool off in the fountains.

[Linked Image]

The Charleston Pineapple Fountain is a great place just to sit and take in the waterfront. It is also much calmer than the one pictured above. Oh yeah… Did I say GOOD Walking Shoes!

If time permits, try to head down to Beaufort and explore some of the Low Country backroads. The beauty will just overwhelm.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So much to see and so much good food to enjoy… just a few days is tough for a visit to this area.

Enjoy - Have a great trip!

--------------------------------------------------------
I know Carol I did not do a trip report, but I hope this post counts.

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés