So, we met with David West at his gallery at 5 am the next day. He went over our cameras with us so that he would be familiar with them. Dean has a Canon D50 and I have his old camera which is also a Canon. We learned about saturations, settings and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember but my husband can :lol: David then drove us into the park before sunrise to our first stop, one of Davids favorites, behind the museum. It was pretty cold out. We set up our cameras on our tri-pods and David critiqued our compositions and showed us how to let more light into the lens using manual and AV. Spent about 1/2 hour there and then moved onto another spot and jumped on the shuttle. Spent some time at that stop and then we went onto our last spot. My husband is really the photographer in the family so I just kind of let David spend his time with him and sat back and took in all the beauty of Zion. I did take a couple of shots of them.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Around 9 am, we headed back to the hotel and changed into our swim suits and soaked up some sun by the pool. We really loved The Desert Pearl Inn and would stay there again.
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We had lunch on the patio at 12:30 and then changed and caught the shuttle bus back into Zion and hiked the lower and middle Emerald Pools. The beginning was a little steep and it was hot so we were drinking alot of water plus, we weren't used to the higher elevations as we live at sea level. [Linked Image]

We were probably gone for about two hours. Since it was so hot, we headed back to the hotel and jumped back into the pool and I layed out and read my book (The Story of Edgar Sawtelle) for awhile and fell asleep. When I woke up, I went into the hottub, dried off and got ready to go back in to the park for a sunset hike and pictures. After our hike, we went over to the campground and Dean set up for his sunset shots. The changing light is amazing and I am sitting at one of the picnic tables, writing in my journal, as he does his thing. We are going to catch the shuttle back to the hotel when he is done and go to a Mexican restaurant tonight. I'm glad I bought a fleece jacket with me as the night time temperatures sure do drop.

Tomorrow at 11 am we check out of the Desert Pearl and head to Kanab to the Pink Painted Desert and DOGTOWN!!!

More tomorrow....

I had the link codes posted for all the pictures I included in this report but when I went to post, it said they were too large so I will have to make the adjustments tomorrow and re-do...it's too late right now, sorry