Day 4 -- 06-17-2017

Good evening once again from Mont Vernon.

Just another day at the beach. We are so boring, and we know it. Diana and I have never been what you might call exciting people. We don’t seek out high adventure. We are not obsessed with high-end shopping, fancy dinners at expensive eateries, or obtaining the latest and greatest gadgets just to have them. In short, we are what you might call frugal. Now this in no way is meant to denigrate anyone -- it’s just not for us.

For us, an exciting day on St. Martin often begins with the simple pleasure of sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee. Sipping it while looking at a brilliant blue sky, some coastal clouds, and the turquoise, and blue, and grays of Orient Bay. For us this often the high point of our day. After 37 years of being married, we still enjoy being with one another, and I, for one, could not imagine my life without her being a part of it.

This evening, we had to go into Grand Case to pay the remainder of our rental fee at Studio SXM. While there we decided we would have dinner at Skys The Limit, Most of you will know that this is a LOLO. This little eatery is not, and could not ever be described, as “fancy”. In fact it really is nothing more than a smoker/grill and a collection of picnic tables under an open air shelter. But the food is oh so good, staff friendly, and a GREAT value for the dollar.

Diana had what they called “Chicken Food”. This consisted of two pieces of barbequed chicken, rice, beans, salad, cole slaw, potato salad, fried plantains , macaroni and cheese, and spaghetti. I had the “Steak Food”, which is the same as Diana’s but with a seasoned 10 oz flat iron steak instead of chicken. Where does the value come into play here? Well, those two most delicious meals, four Jonny Cakes, and two beers. Enjoyed while watching the locals, and the tourist, and the sights and sounds of Grand Case cost us a grand total of $35 dollars.

To make the evening even better, while walking to the LOLO hand in hand, a young French boy was walking towards us. As we started to pass, he said “Mister, you sure have a pretty wife.” I thanked him for his compliment and as we continued on, I though, you know he is right! Now i’m undoubtedly biased, but to me she is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Yes we are boring, and fugal but at moments like this, I feel like the richest man in the world.

So for now, I wish for each of you same riches I have and enjoy…

Good night from Mont Vernon.

Dave & Diana