Just another day in paradise but is there anyone out there who knows where Saba went this time? I could have sworn it was there yesterday......

Don't know what made us do it, but at about 11:30 we decided to go to Friars for lunch. As has been the case almost every time we've gone anywhere, the traffic was abysmal but we persevered and actually remembered how to find the road that brings you right into the Friars Bay Beach Cafe parking area. For those thinking about it, the road is just about the worse I've ever seen it. I could walk faster than we drove, and that's saying something.

Anyhow, lunch was delicious and too much food - baked Camembert for me and a huge burger with bacon and cheese and yummy frites for John. It was a tough decision because their menu has so much great stuff to choose from. With drinks I think our lunch tab came to $55.00 and it was well worth it. The rum punches were to die for, too.

Just for hahas we went over the causeway and left toward Marigot and then on to Friars Bay, and as I said, the traffic was abysmal but this was what we expected for a Friday midday during Carnival season. Coming home we took the route skirting the water through Marigot and the French lowlands road which was not too bad at all. Our initial objective was a ride and lunch at Paradise View. Another day and another day trip perhaps.

And our daughters start arriving tomorrow. We are very excited for them to join us if only for 5-6 days.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."