Sat out on the balcony from about 5:15 to read and catch the sunrise, still shivering and wondering why I didn't pack a warm sweater (since I seem to have packed about most everything else I own..........) and finally spotted my first cruise ship of the morning heading into P'berg. It's a beautiful sunny morning with all the promise of a great day to follow and I can even vaguely see the shape of Saba in the distance. It's gonna' be a bright sun-shiny day. There were some golfers catching an early round before the heat sets in. Around 11:00-ish we saw a Norwegian head into port. Unbelievable the views we have from our balcony.

And wouldn't you just know it - DH is coming down with an old fashioned head cold and apparently eager to share it with me. We did some errands in the morning - important stuff like a trip to Tortuga for breakfast and then Zee Best for a refill of morning pastries along with a stop at the Maho Pharmacy for some cough and cold meds. That may just be our whole day with a walk out to the pool thrown in to step it up a bit........ and in the end, the pool didn't even happen.

But we made it to Pineapple Pete's for dinner and ran into lots of friends while there, some from right here at the Towers, along with Laurel (PreK176) and husband Jeff dining with Wild Bill and Pat from TTOL. What a nice surprise all around.

And we finally got around to trying PP's lobster Thermidor. It was good but not the same quality as we've been used to at Antoine's. But perhaps it's a matter of what you're accustomed to. And if we all loved the same things or places, some of us would never get served, right? We've always enjoyed Pineapple Pete's but I think we'd make different menu selections next time. I do remember having the best grouper burger at PP's that I've ever had anywhere and the service is always good and the staff very friendly. Our dinner check came to $113.00 which included two LT entrees, one NA Beer and two glasses of wine plus service.

Home and early to bed, hoping to sleep off these colds.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."