What started out as a good beach day at Karakter did not end that way. Very busy and happy for them for that but service was the worst I have ever experienced there. The initial beach guy who greeted us before they were very busy did not return for over an hour. We finally ordered some drinks from another server and then lunch.

We occupied 2 separate beach tables/lounges and made that clear. The food came and the first order for one person was wrong. It was rectified and then we ordered another bucket of beer. 30 minutes go by and no beer so we order from another server who came by. The beer shows up and we finish lunch and them take a couple of dips. Two others then ordered water and it never shows.

A disc jockey shows up and the very relaxing background music turns to a overly loud jungle theme that is blaring. It is obvious many people did not enjoy the volume or the music and you could see people clearing out.

Based up on the lack of consistent drink and lunch service, I was sure the bill would not be correct. We were charged for the one entree we did not order and also an additional bucket of beer that was never served.

Trying to pay was another issue since people (of all ages ) were leaving and likely due to the music. I mentioned the music volume and was told "that is how the young people like it and perhaps we should have not come on Sunday". I grew up in the era of loud rock music but this totally messed up an otherwise potentially decent day.

Between the lack of service, the music volume and the attitude when paying, it may be a while before I return, if ever.

Most of the food was decent, except for the nachos that were one giant lump of melted cheese on chips, it was a disappointing experience compared to multiple past visits.

J.D.