So here we are - Tuesday and it's almost time to leave and it really seems like we just got here. Oh! Wait a minute! We did......but as we all know - time flies when you're having a good time. And we have surely done that.

We woke up early - no coffee and no pastry on the balcony. We planned to leave here and be at Simpson Bay Yacht Club in time for the first bridge opening. Made it with plenty of time to spare since I thought the first opening was at 8 am - sorry, Honey!

But the early arrival gave us plenty of time to enjoy our meals and get ready for the show. And what a show it was as we watched so many of the huge mega yachts clear the lagoon, not to mention all the rest lying at anchor out in the Bay or berthed at the docks in the lagoon.

Limitless is still here as it generally is at least through April when we're normally here, and we've been watching the Abromovich (sp?) boat, I believe it's Eclipse, plying the coast or just swinging on its anchor in Simpson Bay all week and I'm thinking that one is always here since we've seen it every trip for the past few years. And besides these, we watched the Attitude, Kaleen, Lady Luck, and Party Girl all pass through the drawbridge. And just went we thought the show was over, Venus, the Jobs boat, passed through. Funny thing - after all these big name mega dollar boats went by, DH was in his glory because the last boat out for this opening was his favorite - the old standby - a red and white tugboat. Oh, and the mimosas and the Eggs Benedict were good, too.

Once the show was over, we did a few errands and headed out to Mullet. Now I have to tell you, it wasn't the absolute drop dead 'perfect Mullet kind of day' but it was sure darned close. The weather maps called for a 40% chance of rain today. It was sunny and gorgeous. As of today the beach at Mullet is very wide with no cliff-like drop off in the sand and no huge step down 20 or so feet out in the water. Not a speck of seaweed to be seen. And even the waves were mostly manageable, particularly in the afternoon. You always have to watch for the occasional big wave at Mullet but to my way of thinking, it was almost as perfect as it could get. And to complete the beach scene, even the vendors seemed fewer today.

And then there was Rosie's ribs for lunch. I know not everyone enjoys them, but we had a great Rosie Ribs Lunch. The lady who usually takes care of us there brought us two huge plates of ribs and they were so good. And as an aside to any Towers owners, Wayne - the normal Towers chair guy - is no longer working for the Towers and now works full time at Rosie's manning the BBQ pit. Typically, our new chair person is now Osnay or Rudy.

We stayed at the beach till almost 4:00 before heading home. DH turned in our beach towels while I headed up to the room to shower and make drinks and then it was nappy time but only a short one as we have to pack and get ready to go home tomorrow midday.

We tried something new for dinner - our original plan was either Dreams or Le Moulin Fou but it seemed like all we'd done all day was eat and when push came to shove, a full meal just didn't appeal to either of us so we eventually headed up to the little hole in the wall place called Fat Tony's on what I think is Jordan Road up behind the college and on the way to the Summit. OMGoodness - so many changes here, too. We ended up having a pizza which was a delightful thin crust pie and delicious but so big we ended up bringing more than half of it back to the Front Desk staff who loved it. Fat Tony's has been here for quite a while but it was new to us for this trip. Nothing fancy for sure, but the staff was all pleasant and the food reasonably priced and good for what is. And the best part of all - dinner was a whopping big $28.00 with two iced teas and a small donation to the staff included. If you're coming from the Maho area into Cupecoy, it's the road on the right immediately before and runs below and behind the Stars complex. . We did see the new Jules Bakery as well and it looks very nice, along with a spaghetti place and a yogurt place, too. And who knows - there may even be more between Fat Tony's and Barcode but those are the places that readily come to mind. So much more development in this area and if you don't go looking for it, you'd hardly know it was there.

It's was an absolutely delightful day and now we get to think about heading home!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."