Member Spotlight
mprevo
mprevo
Michigan
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
moxie
Who's Online Now
18 registered members (KC2SXM, jrw, RonDon, steve74, BillR, WWII, michaelj, jazzgal, SANFILIP, PnPinNC, foreversxm, Mikel, 6 invisible), 520 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sausage Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped, Pork Tenderloin #137330
08/07/2017 05:53 PM
08/07/2017 05:53 PM
P
phillygirl7 Offline OP
Traveler
phillygirl7  Offline OP
Traveler
P
I am posting this with the caveat I have not made it yet, they were talking about this on a landscaping show on the radio this am. I looked it up and this is the recipe they were looking at. To me it speaks Holiday food, but who said you can't test it ahead of time. Also, ask your butcher to butterfly and flatten the tenderloin to help with time on this one. The recipe has you adding apples around the roast, I would probably add pearl onions also.

Sausage Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped, Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Apples & Cider Sauce

Ingredients:
Filling
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound sausage, casings removed
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 medium Granny Smith apple, cubed
1 cup portabello mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

Pork
3 1/2 – 4 pound pork loin
16 slices bacon, I used 13, 6×7, depending on the size of your roast
4 medium apples, quartered, I used Fuji (granny smith good too)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup hard cider

Directions:

Filling
In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, sausage, rosemary and apples; cook, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and feta; set aside.

Pork

To butterfly, put pork loin on a work surface with short end facing you. Holding a long, thin sharp knife parallel to work surface and beginning along one long side, cut 1/2″ above underside of roast. Continue slicing inward, pulling back the meat with your free hand and unrolling the roast like a carpet, until the entire loin is flat. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound to an even thickness.

Uncover pork, spread cheese mixture evenly over loin, leaving a 1 inch border. Evenly distribute sausage mixture over cheese. Roll pork into a tight cylinder. Tie roast securely with kitchen twine in 1″ intervals. Wrap bacon lattice over roast.

Preheat oven to 400°. Place tenderloin in roasting pan. Scatter apples around roast. Add cider and water to pan.

Roast pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted into
center of loin registers 140°, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let roast rest for at least 20 minutes and up to 2 hours.

Re: Sausage Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped, Pork Tenderloin [Re: phillygirl7] #137331
08/08/2017 08:00 AM
08/08/2017 08:00 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Wow, sounds great! If you do make this, please post how it came out!

Carol Hill