Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,075
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
erb923 24
mahokid 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Colour1
Colour1
Westchester /NYC
Posts: 2,534
Joined: July 2011
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
7 members (beachy, Maikelvdh, blooming, S/Y Mockingbird, 3 invisible), 473 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#148992 11/20/2017 10:39 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 241
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 241
We were scheduled to be on a 2016 Lagoon 450 for a June charter with Dream Yachts. I was just notified that our scheduled boat is damaged and we will be moved to a Helia 44. I don't have any experience with a Helia. One plus I see is the water maker which will make the ladies happy. Any thoughts on this boat?

BVI Sponsors
.
deliveryskipper #148993 11/21/2017 12:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 30
E
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
E
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 30
I've chartered both. The Helia feels a little smaller but more luxurious. Nicer heads for sure. I think I prefer the Helia because the fly bridge isolates the helmsman too much on the Lagoon but they are both great boats. Many of the Helia's have ice makers as well as water makers.

Eriesailor #148994 11/21/2017 01:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 204
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 204
I have chartered the Helia 44 and liked it. I liked the connection to the cockpit when at the helm from the flybridge.

NewfieSailor #148995 11/21/2017 11:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Great boat!

Twanger #148996 11/23/2017 11:22 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I like the Helia 44. I thought the layout was nice and it's lighter than most charterboats that size so sails well. It was actually at the head of my charter list for a new boat just could not make the finances work out on the companies that offered it.
G


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5