Well, better late than never they say. I had the good fortune to be among those who had invitations to one of three, three night inaugural agent's preview sailings on this ship in early December. To say I was honored is an understatement but was most anxious to see this new 'vista' class series of vessels for Holland America.<br><br>Bottom line is they are clearly marketing to a younger average age group clientele. The ship is 'somewhat' similar to the 'spirit' class in Carnival....only somewhat. She has been decorated with 'vibrant' colors, reds, purples, etc.<br><br>The same service that Holland has come to be known for is still there, however some things that 'mariner' Holland passengers like are gone. There is no 'Wajang' movie theatre on board. The Java bar now carries charges for specialty coffees and pastries. There is still, however the Ocean Lounge, Explorer's Lounge and Crow's Nest.<br><br>Cabins are large and spacious with lots of storage. Finished in beautiful woods. However, I'm convinced that a 'gentleman' designed the dressing table area. Lighting non-existant to poor. Traditional Holland baths with tub and shower.<br><br>Lots of balcony decks, three to be exact. Holland has entered the 'balcony' market. Heretofore, Holland's balcony accommodations were limited to mini suites only.<br><br>The Zuiderdam will only do seven night sailings alternating between the Eastern and Western itineraries. She will be in the Caribbean year 'round.<br><br>All in all, I found her to be a lovely new addition to the cruise industry.

Best Regards,
Bonnie Buchanan,
Master Cruise Counselor
CruiseOne Tucson Arizona
www.cruiseone.com/bbuchanan