Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,064
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
timnboston
timnboston
Beverly MA (Boston's North Shore)
Posts: 536
Joined: November 2006
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
11 members (ScottW, gomer36, BILLPIT, Kevin_B, Kennys, Rumlover, uscg1959, Compskier, SXMScubaman, 2 invisible), 370 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#158079 04/01/2018 01:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 288
Likes: 1
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 288
Likes: 1
Hi all...

I was at the Miami and Palm Beach boat shows, and the industry is absolutely booming - in the charter space, and the new boat orders space, to replace the boats destroyed by Irma... The BVI destination was as popular as ever, which made me realize that the BVI, even with all the issues they are having, remain the No.1 charter and boating destination of the American continent, bar none. So it really felt good overall.

On another front, some very interesting news. I have been approached by the Hooters Company (you know, the restaurant chain) to be a consultant for their recently announced new venture: Hooters Charters. Those charters will of course be on crewed yachts, of which the entire crew, including the captain, will be in the sprit and visual of the restaurants staff. We have started to work on the concept and selected 3 models of large catamarans (still confidential for now) capable of hosting up to 12 guests, plus crew of 4/5.
We are also starting to work on the crew recruitment - and NO, I won't need an assistant, thank you very much ;-))

Needless to say, those charters will not be your traditional family charters, although the crews will be under very strict behavior rules, of the zero-tolerance variety.

Immediately after the Hooters Corp. issued a press release, there were already numerous calls from large corporations inquiring about bookings for corporate board meetings, corporate retreats, etc. I am not sure how the male guests will explain those charter "retreats" to their wives, but that is another story.

I will keep you guys updated.

Happy Easter everyone!

Michel Benarrosh

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 138
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 138
Hmmm what is the date today?


Henryv
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,303
Likes: 4
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,303
Likes: 4
Yup, he is continuing the tradition if I recall.


JPH
I spent my money on booze, broads, and boats...the rest I wasted.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
He’s very creative, and he had me for a minute! Hope he gets a cut if Hooters likes the idea.

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5
OK, you got me. Well done!

Dan cheers

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
I hear Trump already booked..

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 288
Likes: 1
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 288
Likes: 1
Believe it or not, Hooters used to own a small airline, with the typical gorgeous crew.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I have flown with the former Chief pilot for Hooters Air. He handled the interviews for flight attendants. In addition to trained flight attendants they put two Hooters girls onboard each flight. He said the operation was no fun at all!

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 348
S
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 348
Would I go? Of course. But this is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard lately. Privately with no corporate names involved, sure. In fact that type of thing goes on everywhere from golf outings to deep sea fishing trips to casino night parties. Given todays "climate" would you, as the CEO of any size company put it at risk to be associated with something like that? And as Hooters, do you really think any zero tolerance policy is going to hold up? Insanity.



[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 251
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 251
Originally Posted by Schwendy
Would I go? Of course. But this is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard lately. Privately with no corporate names involved, sure. In fact that type of thing goes on everywhere from golf outings to deep sea fishing trips to casino night parties. Given todays "climate" would you, as the CEO of any size company put it at risk to be associated with something like that? And as Hooters, do you really think any zero tolerance policy is going to hold up? Insanity.

Ummmmm????? April Fools???


I'd like to be a jelly fish, cause jelly fish don't pay rent.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5