|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,956
Posts342,095
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
candj
Southport, North Carolina, US
Posts: 2,151
Joined: December 2008
|
|
#15850
01/21/2012 02:39 PM
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
Can anyone tell me if my GPS will work on the island. I just thought it my help us get around while driving.
|
|
|
#15851
01/21/2012 06:54 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 160
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 160 |
Garmin maps since 2010 have the Cayman Islands map set included in their North American map. May help a bit for general area location and points of interest, but I do not really find it that useful. It is a small island and there are not that many roads.
Google "Testudo New Garmin Cayman" for a link to a POI file I created for some Grand Cayman tourist sites.
Snorkel air just tastes better than canned air...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,710 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,710 Likes: 2 |
There is really no need for a GPS on Grand Cayman. It's so easy to get around, just a standard map will do, available at your car rental. Have fun!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100 |
I've used them on other islands and have found them useful, if only to mark a few waypoints for remembering where things are later.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|