RonDon 83
fabila 47
Zanshin 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
20 registered members (Memphré, steve74, cbinparadise, KirkB, CaribbeanCanadians, Pitt1, SXMBND, cbf, jphart, Reid, 10 invisible), 900 guests, and 74 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Medium Term Charter options in Caribbean? #111454
11/04/2016 05:26 PM
11/04/2016 05:26 PM
Denver & Breckenridge, CO
B
BreckSailor Offline OP
Traveler
BreckSailor  Offline OP
Traveler
B
Hello Sailing Friends!

I'm searching for a "medium term catamaran charter" somewhere in the Windward or Leeward Islands for my family of 3 (me, wife and 7 yo son). We'd certainly have other guests onboard at times so I'd prefer a mid 40's foot cat but could go as small as 40' or as large as 50'. The exact timing of this charter is variable (and negotiable depending upon the options available) but might start as early as mid-March 2017 and run through August 2017. (We could do that entire period or some significant subset of this period.)

Given the time of year, I'll want A/C (and generator) and would MUCH prefer a 3 cabin (owners) version vs 4 cabin setup. I also need to have a relatively wide range to cruise (ie not just a small set of islands such as BVIs), though willing to discuss this given my sailing experience which includes 10+ day blue water sailboat deliveries, open ocean racing, and many weeks of sail chartering over 35 years (I'm 52). I'd much prefer a boat which is significantly upgraded from the baseline charter boat with sail inventory, electronics, etc. (I am considering buying a mid 40's Cat so part of my impetus here is evaluating a live aboard situation and what I'd need/want in my own boat.)

Please provide any thoughts you might have, including any from your own similar experiences! I've done some research on this board and others and find my needs to be challenging to fill. As information, I have contacted Ron at Seabatticals Long Term Charters, so already have that base covered and am evaluating other options. I'm happy to converse online or speak offline to anyone with particular thoughts!

Much thanks,

Kevin

BVI Sponsors
Re: Medium Term Charter options in Caribbean? [Re: BreckSailor] #195539
05/22/2019 07:41 AM
05/22/2019 07:41 AM
B
BreckSailor Offline OP
Traveler
BreckSailor  Offline OP
Traveler
B
I was just perusing this forum and came across my own post from 2016 as I’ve been planning another sailing trip.

To close the loop, I ultimately did find a great owners time charter that was worked out great for my family and the boats owner. We sailed the Leeward islands from BVIs to Guadeloupe and back - 1k nautical miles, 10 countries, 40 islands - all just prior to hurricanes Irma and Maria. 2 months after our May - June sail, the hurricanes hit and our charterered sailboat was declared a total loss - tragic. However, We had a great time!

Moderated by  Administrator, Eva, GlennA