|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,963
Posts342,154
Members27,646
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 152
Joined: August 2004
|
|
|
0 members (),
394
guests, and
42
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 306
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 306 |
I know this has been discussed but I can't find it. What is appropriate for a tip?
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 308
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 308 |
Question is a little vague. Tipping a greeter? Who is greeting you, and where? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, which may be why you haven't gotten any other responses.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 306
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 306 |
A greeter from the villa management company. I tipped her $50 which I hope was appropriate for meeting us at the NP dock and accompanying us to the villa.....30 minutes max. We always stay at Gallows Point when we're on St. John so I had no experience with this.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760 Likes: 15
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760 Likes: 15 |
The "greater" is paid by the villa management company to take you to the villa. No tip is necessary. However if they stock your villa prior to arrival then you tip for that service.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,491 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,491 Likes: 2 |
We would tip any service provider (if they performed well). Some services are more tip-reliant than others of course...
"Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.” -Anthony Bourdain
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760 Likes: 15
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760 Likes: 15 |
We would tip any service provider (if they performed well). Some services are more tip-reliant than others of course... Do you tip the person who brings your rental jeep to the dock at Spanishtown?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|