|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,047
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 50
Joined: January 2015
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 67 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 67 Likes: 1 |
Per their FB page the Soggy Dollar is closing Wednesday March 18 until further notice.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27 |
Without the cruise ships, they have little reason to be around. Add in the bareboaters, and they may as well close. It seemed like a license to print money - plastic cup and cheap rum - so presumably they have a fat bank account to tide them over.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6 |
The owners are friends of mine...the rum and cups are nothing. The merchandise is a complete cash cow...:)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 61
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 61 |
I would love to see them re-build Sandcastle someday. I husband and I stayed there in May 2017 and it was the best place ever.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 160
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 160 |
I would love to see them re-build Sandcastle someday. I husband and I stayed there in May 2017 and it was the best place ever. I second that! Such a special place!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2 |
Was there at Christmas and it was so sad not to see the round hotel rooms..........
Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth. Diane
|
|
|
|
|
|
|