Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,027
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 27
kim 18
Member Spotlight
fabila
fabila
Yonkers, NY
Posts: 7,640
Joined: January 2002
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
17 members (1995nmc, KC2SXM, DougK37614, charlie, SharonfromSXM, barryvabeach, Rnd, 2Travelers, AAI, 8 invisible), 452 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#245791 01/25/2021 03:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 8
B
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 8
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am exploring a getaway to the British Virgin Islands in March timeframe.

I will be traveling solo and do not have a boating license so bareboat is not an option.

Also, most of the chartered options are quite expensive ($7,000+) for just one person, so unless I brought a group of people with me, it would be a non-starter.

Are there any companies doing "shared" options for someone looking to solo travel to join another group? If so, what are these rates typically for 7-day?

Your feedback is appreciated.

BB

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 28
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 28
What you are looking for is a 'Cabin Charter' - most big companies do them- Moorings/Sunsail/Dream Yacht Charter and maybe even Navigare

Google is your friend as far as sussing out rates as these will depend on when you travel.

Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 8
B
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 8

Awesome. I figured there must be a term. Very helpful. Thank you!

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Moorings, for one, have suspended cabin charters until September at least :-(


M4200 MANTA
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 8
B
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
Moorings, for one, have suspended cabin charters until September at least :-(


Thanks, I'll check with the others to see if it's the same.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 2
Dream Yacht Charters is doing by the cabin charters, BVI not on the list right now, but a few places are


Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth.
Diane
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
You may want to look into trips like this for yourself - I enjoyed it.

https://www.sailingshipadventures.com/index.cfm?event=GetVesselDetails&VesselID=64

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 935
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 935
Likes: 1
I've sailed with these folks several times in various parts of the world https://adventuresailing.com/ Dan and Em are both excellent sailors and you can learn a lot by going with them. Send me a PM if you have specific questions.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,148
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,148

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350


That is truly a big loss to the Caribbean sailing world -- seeing these tall ships under sail has always been one of the great treats of life here - and sailing on them an even bigger treat.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 2
In a very interesting twist of fate, I recommended BlueGrass Bred to look at the DYC charter by the cabin fleet. We wound up on the same boat out of the Bahamas 1st week of March, since the BVI was not an option yet!!

I was originally booked for BVI last July and then November.

We had a great charter in the Exuma's and I have to say, while it was much longer sails between some islands , the Exuma chain is absolutely Exquisite and for me is giving the BVI a run for my next visit.

Very different trips however...
The Exumas more rugged sailing and remote places, it is the Atlantic and not the Caribbean seas; Not too many beach bars etc. But for nature and hiking lovers, a great option to consider. I will return


Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth.
Diane

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5