Member Spotlight
CdnCouple
CdnCouple
Ontario, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
shellyb
Who's Online Now
9 registered members (bran, Droner, AlanB, 706jim, SXMScubaman, louismcc, 3 invisible), 835 guests, and 93 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Day 19 Pigeon point and Gros Islet #24601
01/07/2014 01:42 PM
01/07/2014 01:42 PM
S
Sunset_Sammy Offline OP
Traveler
Sunset_Sammy  Offline OP
Traveler
S
Jan. 5, Pigeon point and Gros islet
I picked up a baguette sandwich from the supermarket and took my morning walk down the strip to happy day bar, I like to sit by the channel and watch the boats come by and the walk is good exercise. Trendy and I went up to rituals for a café au lait and some more people watching, I took a photo to post on my facebook, having coffee on the patio something my friends in Buffalo aren’t doing this week.
[Linked Image]
Morning coffee at Rituals

Trendy and I decided it would be a nice day to go to the beach on Pigeon Point, just outside the park for some snorkeling. This is a small beach, but the water is usually very calm and there is always a spot to place a towel or rent a chair. They have improved the bars and shops here since last year, Agnes just had a small rum shack and now she is in a larger building with a kitchen for making meals. The drinks are cheap, 5 for Piton 2 shots of Chairmens for 8. We spent most of the morning and early afternoon just lounging around, swimming and snorkeling; though the snorkeling wasn’t very good due to the water being stirred up by the recent weather.
[Linked Image]
The beach at Pigeon Point

[Linked Image]
Some of the new buildings

After a while we decided to head towards Gros Islet for lunch, I had eaten at golden Taste before and recommended it to Dan and Em, so I wanted to see if it was as good as I remember. We walked down the road past Sandals and The Landings then cut over to the beach. There are some picnic tables set up under the trees and some stands selling drinks. This beach is popular with local families and there are always people here. The beach itself is nice, some weathered coral at the high tide line, the bottom is gravely for a bit then turns mostly sandy as it gets deeper. I took a swim and caught some rays, we dodged a passing shower under on of the trees that line the beach.
We walked into town and stopped at the restaurant, the meals were every bit as good and plentiful as I remember. We each ordered the stewed pork; a large portion of pork, served with rice, peas, ground provisions, corn, macaroni pie and raw salad all for 25 EC, how can you beat that.
[Linked Image]
Lunch at Golden Taste

After a relaxing meal we went to catch a bus back to the hotel.
Trendy and I had a few Chairmens on the patio at the hotel and then met Dam, Em and Robin as they brought the dingy in to have dinner at one of the Chinese restaurants on the strip. Mr. Sparkle had dropped off the laundry so Dan brought my clean stuff with him, I wasted no time going back to the room to put on some fresh clothes. We finished the early night on the strip stopping at Rehab, The Bar and Turbulence.

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!
Sponsors
Re: Day 19 Pigeon point and Gros Islet [Re: Sunset_Sammy] #24602
01/07/2014 08:16 PM
01/07/2014 08:16 PM
MIA
I
irina Offline
Traveler
irina  Offline
Traveler
I
MIA
What a great trip!
Checked out the Inn and looks very good.
Cheers and keep em coming.
irina