|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,006
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,513
Joined: May 2002
|
|
|
13 members (DougK37614, ncboater, Rumlover, Pltraveler, S/Y Mockingbird, Kennys, lbksxm, Dan&Roxanne, Zanshin, SXMScubaman, RatmansWife, Two2go, 1 invisible),
386
guests, and
68
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 63 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 63 Likes: 1 |
Hi All,
I'm reaching out to those of you with experience chartering in the SVIs. I'm going to be sailing there towards the end of next week (Thursday through Sunday) and would appreciate any advice on how best to avoid the crowds. I know the popular Culebra anchorages get pretty packed (Ensenada Honda, Dikity, Culebrita), but how about Cayo Luis Pena, Carlos Rosario and Tamarindo? Should I also expect lots of company on Vieques (Esperanza, Puenta de Arenas, Bahia La Chiva)? Is it true that things usually start to quiet down by Friday / Saturday? Thanks very much for your help.
-- Matt
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
My only thought would be with the BVI closed it might be a bit more crowded than normal. G
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003 |
I don’t know about Vieques but Culebra will be full of boats from PR and regardless of it being Holy Week they’ll be partying. As for restaurants they’re mostly take out due to COVID.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 633
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 633 |
I would guess Bahia de la Chiva is least crowded (and my favorite). I wouldn't expect many at Cayo Luis Pena. If no heavy swell, then Playa Flamenco can accomodate alot of boats for the day. Sun Bay on Vieques can also handle quite a few.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|