Member Spotlight
timnboston
timnboston
Beverly MA (Boston's North Shore)
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
20 registered members (Tom, cbf, boucharda, WWII, eightzerobits, JeanneB, Jc1925, Zanshin, George1234, BenP, steve74, o2bnsxm, davidandsusannj, 7 invisible), 509 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
N Resort Review #26269
03/30/2014 10:03 PM
03/30/2014 10:03 PM
E
epenrod Offline OP
epenrod  Offline OP
E
My wife and I were wanting to travel to Mexico in the middle of March but the airfare was more than we wanted to pay so we ended up checking out N Resort for 5 days.

Overall it was fine. We enjoy naked vacations and this fit the bill. I do prefer the work ethic in Mexico. When they say they are going to get you something, they actually return with it in a reasonable time. That was not our experience at N Resort. The Jamaican culture tends to be less concerned about the speed or accuracy of their service.

We took cold showers for 2 out of the 5 days that we were there and we were the only ones in our building (block 8.) I tried to call the desk, but the phone was dead. Other posters have stated that the phone system has been out for a while. When I walked to the desk to complain about the cold water, I asked the girl at the desk if the phones were working. She replied rather sheepishly, "not at this time..." It was a reply that she had given before.

The wifi coverage on the resort was pretty good, but again it only worked for a few days. It was their connection to the outside world that was the problem. We were able to get signal from their system, it just wasn't hooked to the WWW.

The food was good overall and the presentation of it on the plate was very good. The drinks that we tried were ok, but the mix of them was very inconsistent.

Overall, it was a nice get away for the two of us, but I am not sure that we will return. We did enjoy the long walk down the beach a couple of different days. It is to the West (turn left when you face the ocean) and goes for about two miles. The only people that we ran into were other people from N. They were naked like us.

We were able to be nude anytime we wanted. The only stipulation was that your mid section had to be covered when you went up to the buffet. There were topless and nude at every meal and others that were in varying degrees of dress. They have posted themes on their web site but have different ones posted at the resort. Some were able to participate in the themes, but they must have called ahead.

We may try them again in the future, but I will need to read better reports from others before I will spend the money.

epenrod

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 03/31/2014 09:30 AM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: N Resort Review [Re: epenrod] #26270
03/31/2014 09:32 AM
03/31/2014 09:32 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Hi. Thanks for the report. I edited the title to make it more clear this is a report, not a question.

Carol Hill
Re: N Resort Review [Re: epenrod] #26271
03/31/2014 10:52 AM
03/31/2014 10:52 AM
L
lasmith0209 Offline
lasmith0209  Offline
L
Sorry to hear you had such a time! Our experience was quite different. We didn't have to wait for drinks around the pool and never ran out of water in Block 10.

The only MINOR and I mean MINOR wait we had was at dinner service when the set tables were all for the most part full- but Tina and many of the other servers were constantly moving table to table to refill drinks, etc. The bar staff kept up and Pameline was at most every lunch and dinner service.

For a Nakation- we were pleased and look forward to our return. We do not check e-mail constantly or even bring our tablet or lap-top with us- only a smart phone. It is a personal choice to be somewhat "unavailable" during our vacation.

Thanks for your report, everyone should give their opinion and experience whether it be good, bad or ugly so all who read can determine for themselves.

Question, since you have been to Mexico and you chose N because it was Nude but not lifestyle- where else would you travel? Curious to see others choices and do my own research too.

Thanks!!!

Lora

Re: N Resort Review [Re: lasmith0209] #26272
04/01/2014 08:18 AM
04/01/2014 08:18 AM
C
chazo Offline
Traveler
chazo  Offline
Traveler
C
We were also in Block 8 during early March. We also had problems with water pressure, sometimes going to zero, generally pretty low. They need to take care of that. The phones have never worked since we have been going to N. They told us the crabs chew up the cables.

I wish I could disconnect on trips, but sometimes the choice is between staying and home or going and working some while there. I'd rather go. Another couple while we were there was working every day. The WiFi worked for us all week with no problems until the last day we were there and had a Skype conference I had to attend. It died 30 minutes before that and never came back in Block 8. It did come back in other buildings, but well after the conference was over. Given that the phones don't work either, I had to miss that one.

I'm in the middle as far as service is concerned. We did not get the instance service some seem to report, but we also did get some service. Maybe they are tipping more? They were generally around the pool asking about drinks, but not as often as I would like. We asked for water in the Piano bar and it never did arrive. But, in general the service for us was good to very good.

Re: N Resort Review [Re: chazo] #26273
04/01/2014 10:27 AM
04/01/2014 10:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

N is a no frills resort for those on a budget that put nudity #1 on their priority list, simple convienences and luxuries are a distance second. Every short coming that you listed was discussed prior to your departure. You were warned.

I, as you, would not return unless the property is improved.

If you are looking for a more upscale resort in Jamaica, that has designated nude areas, with convienences and luxuries without being to stuffy, I would suggest the Couples resorts....of course you get what you pay for and you will pay more.

Re: N Resort Review [Re: epenrod] #26274
04/01/2014 09:03 PM
04/01/2014 09:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks for the candid review. the beach walk does sound nice.

Place seems to meet my minimum criteria:

Safe #1, Clean bed and bath #2, NUDABILITY #3, Adequate food #4; reasonable drink prices

Cant get to #3 without #1&#2, #4 does not have to be gourmet, but tasty and filling. #5 worst comes to worst cold canned beer will work.

Re: N Resort Review #26275
04/06/2014 07:46 PM
04/06/2014 07:46 PM
B
banude Offline
Traveler
banude  Offline
Traveler
B
I wouldn't say the beach walk is nice, it's really not along pristine beaches with terrific views. You need to make sure you check the tide tables and go during low tide, otherwise you'll be climbing through thickets and walking through piles of dead sea grass. With the tide out, at least you can walk on relatively soft sand for the majority of the time, but on the land side you're often walking along a chain link fenceline with trash, debris and abandoned condo developments. Up on the shore a few yards there's also a public walking trail for a portion of it, we passed a few people with backpacks and earphones on their way somewhere on the public trail, they didn't seem to notice us. You'll also come across a developed beach area used by the cruise ships, so take along a coverup to put on to get past that part. Even when there aren't any cruisers around there are a couple of security guards that seemingly enjoyed my wife's walk across their beach. It's a fun thing to do since you can't do it many other places, but once was enough for us.

Last edited by banude; 04/06/2014 07:47 PM.
Re: N Resort Review [Re: banude] #26276
04/08/2014 07:19 PM
04/08/2014 07:19 PM
Milwaukee, Wi.
Halfwindy Offline
Traveler
Halfwindy  Offline
Traveler
Milwaukee, Wi.
Latest word is that there may be no N resort to return to. The resort will be closing in July, as is normal, but won't be accepting reservations for fall trips.
Word on another forum is that one of the travel companies was told not to book anymore reservations. If they planned on re-opening, I don't think they'd tell a supplier not to book.

Re: N Resort Review [Re: Halfwindy] #26277
04/08/2014 09:44 PM
04/08/2014 09:44 PM
B
banude Offline
Traveler
banude  Offline
Traveler
B
The N Resort online booking calendar shows N/A for anything past mid July. Doesn't look good for N.
http://n-holidays.com/

Re: N Resort Review [Re: banude] #26278
04/08/2014 10:06 PM
04/08/2014 10:06 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Any time a nude location goes away, that is not a good thing.

Carol Hill
Re: N Resort Review [Re: Carol_Hill] #26279
04/09/2014 05:58 AM
04/09/2014 05:58 AM
West Virginia
Reggae_Rob Offline
Traveler
Reggae_Rob  Offline
Traveler
West Virginia
Not good news

Irie,
Reggae Rob
Re: N Resort Review [Re: Carol_Hill] #26280
04/09/2014 10:52 AM
04/09/2014 10:52 AM
C
chazo Offline
Traveler
chazo  Offline
Traveler
C
Dennyp has been posting notices that they are closing for remodeling, which might even possibly be true. They originally indicated they would close from August 4 to October 4. That has since been extended 4 times with the current closure indicated as July 24 to November 30. Expedia shows sold out for those dates, but will let me choose dates in December. Not sure I would place any faith in the resorts online booking system. It never has worked right.

This is clearly not a good trend. We love the resort, but we have been there when there were three couples on the entire site. In March, there were thirty couples, but that is still only 30% occupancy. That doesn't seem sustainable, yet they have managed to keep it open for four years, now. I think they are squatting, not paying any rent or maybe some percentage of revenue at best, but the government has had no luck selling the place and if they abandon it, it will quickly deteriorate. Still, someone has to pay for a minimum staff, electricity, water, etc.

Re: N Resort Review [Re: chazo] #26281
04/09/2014 11:08 AM
04/09/2014 11:08 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
If they have no money (because they have very few customers), what would they be using to pay for a remodel with?

Carol Hill
Re: N Resort Review [Re: Carol_Hill] #26282
04/09/2014 12:52 PM
04/09/2014 12:52 PM
Milwaukee, Wi.
Halfwindy Offline
Traveler
Halfwindy  Offline
Traveler
Milwaukee, Wi.
Most resorts in Jamaica that close for the summer months claim it's for "remodeling".