I have been in email contact with Mervyn Butcher, who is in charge of the relatively new requirements regarding bringing animals into SXM. Here is a copy of the last email that I received from him.

"Indeed according to our legislation, anyone wishing to import an animal into the country must first satisfy the required conditions and secure an import permit. For further information, anyone with queries can contact us a [email]lvv@sintmaartengov.org.[/email] The forms are not published on the Government website as yet, but I have attached copies of the import application forms for small animals and birds. "

Since the forms are not available otherwise on the government website, I am attaching a link to them on our servers here. I am going to be copying this information into the FAQ here, so that it will be easy to find in future. It is possible that this form could change in future, so if using these forms in the future, please confirm with the above email address, that these are still the current forms.

form for animals in general

form for import of birds

Carol Hill