Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,080
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
erb923 24
mahokid 23
GaKaye 21
kim 18
Member Spotlight
bdeeley
bdeeley
United States of America
Posts: 1,874
Joined: October 2013
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
13 members (kaugens, deputydog1157, Pltraveler, boucharda, TracyT, REH, sunluver, 1995nmc, oeastcoast, Kmon, KDE12603, 2 invisible), 532 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Looking for any recommendations for some day fishing originating in VG or with a VG pick up. My boys and I have been doing some surf fishing this summer as well as some deep sea trips and want to see what it's like in the BVI. We are by no means expert anglers so a company well suited to beginners would be best. Husband gets seasick so I prefer a 1/2 day option so we don't abandon him for the entire day of vacation.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
SDS, I was looking for sailing charters for some guests and stumbled across a few fishing chater outfits, but I cannot attest to them. If this helps, this one, Bad Dog Charters, is apparently well-regarded: https://baddogcharters.com/. I've also heard of this one, but like Bad Dog, don't know anything about them or of anyone that has used them: https://www.saltshakerbvi.com.

A little poking around disclosed that both of them are on a TripAdvisor page dedicated to BVI charters; some are fishing and others not - just cruising, but you can sort through them fairly readily. Anyhow, that page would be a good resource to check out reviews of not just Bad Dog and Salt Shaker, but also the other companies listed there: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147353-Activities-c61-t217-British_Virgin_Islands.html



Last edited by Fitzhughlaw; 09/01/2023 11:19 PM.
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
I just had another rec for Salt shaker so I will put them #1 on my list. Thank you for responding!

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
V
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
I highly recommend Salt Shaker!! Captain Chad Lettsome is a good friend and great fisherman. The boat is custom built for fishing, and also very comfortable with plenty of storage and shaded space.

Chad is based on Tortola but he will pick you up from Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor.

I attached a photo from one of my days out with Chad here -

Attached Images
unnamed.jpg
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Looks awesome! Thank you!

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Ratman has known Chad's dad for close to 60 years, and I believe my MIL used to watch him when he was little.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5