dolfer 17
Member Spotlight
DanS
DanS
New Jersey, USA
Today's Birthdays
ACTON, kygirl, makeshiftwings
Who's Online Now
46 members (jbutah, candu, zhawk, MikeBiondo, SXMNAN, IWIWSE, fabila, foreversxm, GeorgeC1, RonDon, pedalpusher, Cincinnati_Kid, Leagle49, CaribbeanCanadians, Ackman, Fred, dolfer, KC2SXM, socamon, davidandsusannj, toast, anniefromks, StMartinFan, BillR, RatmansWife, Matt W, cbinparadise, MrTim-BTV, boucharda, NumberCruncher, 16 invisible), 1,125 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Was told yesterday that the ferries between St. Martin and Anguilla stopped running yesterday and would not be running today either.

I can find NOTHING on any official online page to confirm, nobody on St. Martin has heard anything, and nobody was answering the phones yesterday afternoon. Locals say the ferry is rarely shut down and usually only for a named storm watch….which, we do not have but I’ll concede the ocean seems rough and unsettled this week.

I have two different concierge services trying to verify but I bought a very pricey last minute flight that I can still cancel if I find out the ferries are indeed running today.

Would prefer not to waste the entire day in the airport waiting for a ten minute flight if I can save several hundred dollars and some precious vacation hours on the ferry.

Any info would be appreciated.

SXM Sponsors
E
Traveler
Traveler
E
Do you have a car? You should go to the Marigot Ferry and check to see if they are running, the first departure is 9:30am

https://ivisitanguilla.com/getting-to-anguilla/

I guess you can call Anguilla port for more info.

Also some semi private companies do charters from SXM to AXA

Traveler
Traveler
I found this on their facebook page, see screenshot below. It appears the ferries are NOT running today, Wednesday.

ANGUILLA GOVERNMENT

Attached Images
2024-02-07.png

J.D.
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Thank you, I did not think to search Facebook for this type of info…..much appreciated!

Traveler
Traveler
Glad to help. Personally, I am not a fan of using social media versus an official government website for things like this but I guess that is how it is handled today.

It does mention an update at 10:00am today so you might watch the page for that. Good luck.

J.D.
Traveler
Traveler
Government of Anguilla
4 hours ago
·
At 10:00AM the sea conditions remain unfavorable for safe operations and as such the Anguilla Air and Sea Port Authority (AASPA) advises the traveling public that the Blowing Point Ferry Terminal will remain closed today Wednesday 7th February 2024.

J.D.
Traveler
Traveler

Another Day On Planet Earth

Link Copied to Clipboard