Member Spotlight
ChuckG
ChuckG
PA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
mamakim
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Manpot, EdB, 1 invisible), 949 guests, and 186 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Faroe Islands, Copenhagen, Oslo #305759
09/02/2023 04:55 PM
09/02/2023 04:55 PM
Oregon
Ready2go Offline OP
Traveler
Ready2go  Offline OP
Traveler
Oregon
Hi ,
Planning a trip with five full days on the Faroe Islands and then 4 full days in either Copenhagen or Oslo. Unfortunately I don't have the time to lengthen the trip to include all. I don't really like one nights stays if at all possible.

Connections are a bit better from Copenhagen to Faroe Islands.

My main question is SIM card that might work in both or all locations without having to buy one at each destinations.
I know most stateside cell companies have international rates. I'm with consumer cellular and couls add up quickly.
I have WhatsApp which works great back to the states. I'm only wanting DATA and some minutes/text while in my destinations.

Any suggestions , must do's, restaurants, tours at all the listed destinations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

[Linked Image]
Sponsors
Re: Faroe Islands, Copenhagen, Oslo [Re: Ready2go] #306347
09/20/2023 03:01 AM
09/20/2023 03:01 AM
G
georgemiller Offline
georgemiller  Offline
G
I was able to use a Telenor SIM card when I visited Norway, which I believe also provides coverage in Denmark. However, I'm uncertain if it would work in the Faroe Islands as well. Some key sights and activities to consider including in the Faroe Islands are hiking the puffin cliffs on Mykines Island. In Copenhagen, walking down Strøget is a must—it's the city's main pedestrian shopping street and one of the longest in Europe, full of stores. For Oslo, hiking up to view Holmenkollen ski jump should not be missed. Additional tips that apply to all locations are to pack layers since the weather can change quickly. It's also wise to download offline maps in case there is no data access. You may also want to look into joining an overnight Northern Lights excursion if the timing aligns well with optimal viewing conditions.

Re: Faroe Islands, Copenhagen, Oslo [Re: georgemiller] #313928
02/20/2024 08:15 AM
02/20/2024 08:15 AM
Oregon
Ready2go Offline OP
Traveler
Ready2go  Offline OP
Traveler
Oregon
Hello Georgemiller,

First, I want to apologize for the long overdue reply and the info you provided. I've got my trip booked for September. I've come across Sim Corner that has worldwide sims. I'm looking at a 10 or 12G that includes voice,text and data. It says 71+ countries. Unfortunately the Faroe Islands istn't one of them. My brother also mentioned that WiFi calling worked great. Which is something else other that WhatsApp, Skype and Viber. So I'm looking into that as well.

I only have 4 days at each destination. So it will be a go go time. If you watch youtube content. I came across a gentleman that I've gotten lots of information about , local transport and destinations.

If you do a search for , Steve Marsh, you should find him. Don't know if I can post links here. I'll send his and the sim company if there allowed.

Thanks again. Wishing you continued safe travels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbkweuXl4k

https://us.simcorner.com/products/europe-uk-sim-card-12gb

[Linked Image]
Re: Faroe Islands, Copenhagen, Oslo [Re: Ready2go] #314493
02/29/2024 05:45 AM
02/29/2024 05:45 AM
Santa Clara, California
A
AdventureAddict Offline
Traveler
AdventureAddict  Offline
Traveler
A
Santa Clara, California
That YouTube channel looks really useful - Steve Marsh seems to have lots of great local insights. I've bookmarked the SIM company too in case I need data for an upcoming trip. Four days does go fast, so it's good you've gotten recommendations. Enjoy your trips and safe travels!

Re: Faroe Islands, Copenhagen, Oslo [Re: AdventureAddict] #314778
03/04/2024 11:41 AM
03/04/2024 11:41 AM
Oregon
Ready2go Offline OP
Traveler
Ready2go  Offline OP
Traveler
Oregon
Howdy Adventure Addict,

Glad you found the links interesting and useful. I'm going to order the Sim package in a few weeks.
If it actually works, it will beat having to buy one for each country and it's very reasonable.
And I will get it for second planned trip.
The ones I bought while in Iceland were $29 and only 5GB.

Cheers

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Eric_Hill