The trip started off a little bad due to the fact that I left our passports at home and didn't realize it until we reached the airport. Some fast driving and no cops enabled me to make it on time for my flight. Air trip was uneventful. Upon arrival I went to pick up the car from dollar and received a severely dented and rusted out toyota corolla for my $350 a week. When my wife complained about the state of the car they just said that I could try someone else knowing that cars were at a premium. At least I cancelled getting insurance on the car because nothing else could have happened to it.

The damage on the island is very evident. They are working very hard getting things cleared up but you still see a lot of areas with just rubble or only the cement slab where a house once was. Looks like most restaurants are up and running but not that many big resorts back to normal. Grand Caymanian looks to be a mess right now but they were very busy working on it when we left. The Royal Reef Resort was in great shape other than a few ground floor rooms which are being worked on. My 2 bedroom unit was in great shape. Some units didn't have phones working. No kayaks right now and there is still a little debris in the water. Beaches all seem to have plenty of sand but are a little rough going in. If you have water shoes wear them.

People seemed very nice for the most part. Gas is something like $4,25 a gallon. 1.40 a liter.

Unable to scuba because they wouldn't accept wifes doctors release to dive and they were unable to get the dive doctor to respond for clearance. We did snorkel and that was very good. Stingray city was very nice, got to hear the wife squeel everytime they brushed up against her. The reef that Dexter with fantasy tours picked was great with lots of fish and one monstrous green eel.

Eating out was expensive but good. Just to give you an idea. A couple of cheeseburgers, fries and sodas cost about $35 with $5 tip. Liqour was very expensive everywhere I went except for duty free shops on your way out of the country.

Getting in and out of Cayman was very quick despite a good number of people arriving.

Not sure why but the dive company close to Royal Reef was unable to take divers to stingray city due to some insurance problem. No other sites off limits to them and I don't have any details on this.

Everyone I talked to who had been on the island before said not to judge it by right now. It may take some time to get back to normal but they are definitely working hard to that goal. If you have any specific questions post them and I will try to answer.

Hell was pretty much a wasted trip in my opinion. Pretty much shop at the little shop and turn around and head back to the beaches.

First trip report so sorry if I rambled on and jumped around.