Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,067
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Posts: 152
Joined: August 2007
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
8 members (Billtjw, Oceans, BarbyandLeo, Rugo, Rumlover, Angelface, L'Attitude, 1 invisible), 418 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#334684 05/11/2025 09:17 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 603
Likes: 1
G
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 603
Likes: 1
Heh, other than the "two foot" length difference in the Moorings monohull 44.3 vs 46.3, how do these compare? The 44.3 appears to charter for $1k or so more than the 46,3.

thx, rrs

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by ggffrr11
Heh, other than the "two foot" length difference in the Moorings monohull 44.3 vs 46.3, how do these compare? The 44.3 appears to charter for $1k or so more than the 46,3.

thx, rrs
We had a 46.3 in 2021 and have one chartered for July and loved the boat. I thought about the 44.3 mainly because of the water maker but decided I'd rather have a boat with more water storage and not be dependent on the water maker which is not covered by their "fix it quick" guarantee.


Louis from Houston
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
I'll report back in about a week.

I've chartered the 46.3 several times and I'm trying the 44.3 on Thursday. I hemmed and hawed over the choice but figured I'd give it a try. I like the "idea" of unlimited water but yeah, the fact that it isn't covered under the support service is a bit worrying. I figured there's probably a pretty good chance it will work for the first few days anyway so if we have full tanks by the third day, we should be able to make it if it stopped then.

Another difference I spotted is that the dinette/settee only sleeps one not two like the 46. I doubt many people use it anyway but we had an occasion where our guests decided to use it and it was helpful.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5