Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,080
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
erb923 24
mahokid 23
GaKaye 21
kim 18
Member Spotlight
tangerine3
tangerine3
Lutz, FL
Posts: 698
Joined: October 2006
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
1 members (Janet SXM), 896 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#345035 03/14/2026 03:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 603
Likes: 1
G
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 603
Likes: 1
Ok - Which is the correct pronunciation?

Lee-wurd or Loo-urd

Last edited by ggffrr11; 03/14/2026 03:54 PM.
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Loo

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5
Serious sailors seem to say Loo, but I think that sounds silly.

Dan cheers

P.S. The alliteration was not intentional.

Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 35
C
cbf Offline
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 35
loo-urd

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
I've always been told Loo-ard is correct. but whatever, I guess.


[color:"red"]FRAN[/color] "Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late"
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5