We just got home from spending a couple of days out at DS. Everything is coming along quite nicely, and should be all set in time for the holiday weekend.

The first thing we noticed when we walked in was that there were quite a few people at the pool, and more than we've seen in a little while. We saw some homeowners, and some other regulars (non homeowners), in addition to some new faces.

1) The pool furniture is all in place. There are new chairs and new umbrellas

2) The vollyball net is in, and we broke it in this weekend smile

3) The resturaunt is being renovated (it was nearly gutted, for various reasons) and it's well underway. The new resturaunt manager and chef were present, and from what I understand the new menu is almost set.

4) The new spa staff is in place and I believe the spa is about to open. Michael and Donna, formally of Caliente, are the new staff. They were giving out complimentary 10 minute massages over by the hot tub this morning, and everyone was raving about them.

5) New speakers have been put back in by the volleyball pool and cafe and the music system will be in soon.

6) While the resturant should be open soon, the bar will not. The liquor license has been transferred but there's a waiting period (I believe John said 30 days) so it will be a bit before they can serve.

7) The hotel rooms are getting new furniture (nightstands, headboard etc), in addition to new mattresses, this week

8) The volleyball pool was replastered, and the quiet pool and jacuzzi were acid washed

All in all, everything looks fantastic, as expected. Things are coming along nicely and the Memorial weekend will be a fun time, as it always is.

I believe there are a few rooms left for Memorial, both hotel and condo, though from what I understand not all of the rental condos are back in the rental pool yet