We have just gotten back from Grand Cayman a couple of days ago and thought I would post a quick note. We stayed at Harbour Heights on Seven Mile Beach and had a wonderful time. The villa was number 15, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, end unit right on the edge of the beach. This is a great place for a vacation. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Want to check it out go to www.harbourheightscayman.com.

We actually went down with another couple. We rented a car for the whole week from Andy's at the airport. We had been warned about some of the other car rental places and that Andy's was the best. No complaints at all about Andy's. We had dinner the first night at Champion House II resturant and the food is mostly local fare and was great. We had dinner there the last night as well. All the other dinners we cooked, did have some lunches out. My hubby has family there so we did some visiting. My hubby and the other hubby went diving at Cobalt Coast and at Eden Rock twice. Just did shore dives. The Cobalt Coast was ok, prices were great but they both liked Eden Rock better. They were hoping to get to Sunset House to dive but just ran out of time. We snorkeled off the beach where we were, not much there, some small fish, snappers, stingrays. We snorked at Cobalt Coast which was better, Eden Rock which was better still but the snorkel we did at Coral Gardens was great. Rum Point was disappointing for snorkelling and it was very crowded, not bad beach. We snorkeled at Cemetary Beach and it wasn't bad either. We drove around the island one day, took our time spotting to take pictures, had lunch at Rum Point. We did the Stingray Sandbar and Coral Gardens tour with Soto's, and that was great. Did some shopping for tourist stuff in town, the market where the vendors are was very small with not much stuff, but there are lots of little shops on the main street and down sidestreets. Just be aware that the shops are not open on Sunday and as soon as the cruise ships leave, every store locks up. The stores can be closed by 4 in the afternoon. We went up to the turtle farm and only did the tour of the farm, we decided we should have made time and done the whole package where you can snorkel in the large lagoon and do the bird house and stuff. Everyone in Cayman was very nice, be careful though because lots of things are priced in CI Dollars which is $1.25, so when you pay in US funds you pay more. But there is no tax on things you buy and they automatically put 15% on your resturant bills. If I can figure out how to get pictures on I will add some.

Last edited by Administrator; 07/15/2008 04:03 PM.