Just got back from South Florida and my wife and I spent several days on Haulover. I have to agree with the previous post that this time there seem to be more irritating gawkers then our last visit. I witnessed some men secretly taking pictures, several men just wandering back and forth, etc. I know that they have non-loitering laws specifically aimed at this type of activity but the lifeguards, police, nor the "free beach ambassadors" don't seem to do much about it. Most people just ignore these types and I guess there is really not that many for the beech being in a major metropolitan area. <br><br>Besides that, we really enjoy the beach. The umbrella beach chair guys are very courteous and the prices are reasonable. $5 dollars for a chair. We buy a $8 dollar portable umbrella when we arrive in Florida use it during our stay and give it to someone upon our departure. The beach is long enogh that if you want to get away from the crowd you can. (This may not be that easy to do in season however.) My wife and I like the area right as you enter the beach, near the life guard shack. There seem to be more of the regulars there and the gawkers tend to hang out further north. I would estimate that about 70% of the folks were nude or topless and a mixture of 60% men and 40% women. (Except the gay portion of the beach.) Lots of couples and a few families. The beach was hot and the water warm. Everyone spent lots of time in the water. The weekend after we left they were going to have an organized potluck barbecue celebrating the 10 or so year anniversary of the c/o status of the beach. So there are, on occasion, planned c/o activities taking place on the beach.<br><br>We, as usual, stayed in south beach. Although it is about a 20-25 minute drive from south beach to Haulover, it in our opinion is worth it. South Beach has much nicer hotels, restaurants, ambience and best of all-people watching. And despite one of the posts above, you don't have to go to a club and stay there till 5am, unless you want to. My wife and I are usually in bed around 10 and one of the first on the beach the next day. We try and get there before ten before the parking in gone and the best beach spots are taken. Winter or summer, the beach and parking lots can fill up fast. Till next trip<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>