Hello all,
I don't see much on this site about St. Croix so thought I'd do a little trip report. My son got married Jan. 3 on the beach at Carambola. It was a beautiful beach for the ceremony and the dinner & service at Carambola was excellent. We had about 20 people fly in from mostly Massachusetts for the wedding. We stayed the first 3 nights at the Palms at Pelican Cove. Very nice accommodations right on the beach. Rooms were slightly older but clean and maid service was awesome - we had singing maids & everyone was very friendly. The food at the Palms was excellent, from small meals at tables around the bar to breakfast outside overlooking the beach. The prices were reasonable - a good breakfast for $8 - $10. The beach had a bit of coral & seaweed - it was good for snorkeling - the owner of the Palms took my kids out snorkeling ("kids" ages 21 +). Very nice people. You were still able to walk the beach and the view was beautiful. Wait staff were very accommodating. From there, we moved next door to the condos at Pelican Cove for another 10 days. We stayed in the Danish building which is the closest condo to the beach. Our condo was beautiful and fully equipped including washer & dryer & soaps. Our condo manager very helpful. Beautiful pool & hot tub to enjoy under the stars. I would highly recommend those condos - it was quiet - always a warm breeze blowing. We could walk over to the Palms for breakfast in the morning. You do need to rent a car if you want to see anything on St. Croix. We used Centerline rental agency & were given a brand new car. A little nerve -racking at first to get used to driving on the left side of the road. We enjoyed the ride to the east end of the island - very scenic. Christensted is fun to walk around in - a nice boardwalk and you can watch the seaplanes taking off. Very cute shops with a little of everything. Near the yellow fort (I don't know what it was called), you could take a ferry to the little island within view and have lunch on the beach. One of our highlights was to take a small plane tour of the island - the pilot's name was Al and he charged $150 to take 3 people up. The flight was almost an hour and you got to see everything on the island & including Buck Island. Flying over the castle on the East end was fun. I didn't know that St. Croix had a large oil refinery on it - therefore, gas was cheap. It only cost us $9.00 for gas for 12 days of driving. Foodtown has all kinds of groceries but was more expensive than the next grocery market which was called Pueblo's which I'd recommend. I was surprised to see Subway, McDonald's, Domino's and K-Mart on the island - but it is U.S. & good for a cheap meal. If anyone has questions about the island, you can ask while it's all fresh in my mind. It was so difficult to leave such a picture perfect place (not to mention 85 every day) & go back home to that stuff we call snow!!! We definitely would return to St. Croix - we made new friends & who would not want that weather in Jan. or Feb.

We have been to the BVI's many times and other islands but it's a shame not more is out there about St. Croix. A wonderful vacation place for family or couples.