Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ejb8910, periwinkle, SANFILIP
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 868 guests, and 161 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Past TTOL recipes #7756
04/24/2009 07:43 PM
04/24/2009 07:43 PM
Hickory, NC...originally SF Ba...
CaWino Offline OP
Traveler
CaWino  Offline OP
Traveler
Hickory, NC...originally SF Ba...
These are some recipes I have liked from prior posts that I copied into a Wordpad file. Sorry, I didn't save the original sender and am not claiming them as mine....just as ones that sounded good at the time

Enjoy

I make this to serve over steaks, everyone loves it!

1 onion sliced thin
12 oz of mushrooms sliced
2 T brown sugar
1-10 oz can french onion soup
1/2-3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
Splash of A1

Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in fry pan, saute onions and mushrooms until tender. Add brown sugar to caramelize. Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened.

Usually when I make this I also make a rice my family loves:

1 cup rice
1 can beef broth
1 can french onion soup
1 small can mushrooms
1/2 stick of butter

add all to a casserole, bake in 375 degree oven for 40-50 mins or until rice is done.

Caribbean French Toast

6 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. rum (dark rum works best!)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. nutmeg
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
8 slices bread

Beat well, melt butter in large frying pan, dip a slice of bread in mixture and brown on both sides. Serve with butter, syrup (or lemon juice & powdered sugar is also excellent), sausage, baken or friend polish sausage, fresh fruit and, of course, Bloody Mary's!

Note: Preheat oven to 200 degrees and as the French Toast is ready, place it into a glass baking dish and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve

Garlic Meatball PoBoys

You make some garlic meatballs with ground beef, pork and veal. I add the veal because I like it, and it pisses off the PITA people. Mix in some minced onion, and enough garlic to kill a room full of vampires. Add some cayenne, kosher salt, cracked pepper, and green onion tops, too. Your breath will be ripe, but screw it, so will everyone elses.

Then ya throw some cayenne and any other crap ya like in some flour, and roll the balls in it. (Gently. Don’t be thinking of your ex-husband) Whack the balls to get the excess flour off, so it won’t burn in the pan. (Think of your ex-husband)

Then ya brown the balls in a touch of oil. Drain them on a rack Now, in the pan ya fried the balls in, throw in some sliced onions. Make sure they they get limp. (Exactly like yer ex-husband) Then throw in about 1/4 cup of the leftover flour mixture. Stir the hell out of it with a whisk.

Then, begin pouring room temp Abita Turbo Dog beer into it, or any dark beer, until the thickness of the gravy is perfect. Put yer balls back in the pan, and simmer. Then, slice a loaf of french bread into sandwich size pieces. Lop on some meatballs, and put a slice of provolone cheese on it. Get another beer, to drink, and eat.

For a change of pace:

Take pork chops and marinate in beer with some garlic for at least 3 hours, then grill.

After browning, poach chicken breasts in champaign until the wine is reduced and then add sour cream and simmer 5-10 minutes.

Prior to cooking bring good steaks (New York, Porterhouse or Filet) to room temperature and douse with vermouth prior to cooking.

Steam Corned Beef in beer.

Cook a pot roast in your crock pot with beer.

Use beer in your pancake mix.

Take a chicken breast and place it on a tsp of butter and a tbs of orange marmalade and add same to top. Then a small dose of Grand Marnier Bake for 45 minutes.

'Nanner Rum Muffins

3 1/2 cups of Bisquick
3 mashed ba'nanners
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup dark rum.....plus a splash
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 egg

Glaze:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbspn rum
1 tspn water

Preheat oven to 400. Mix up your Bisquick, b'nanners, brown sugar, rum, and egg. Your batter will be lumpy. Fill your muffin tins, silicone muffin pans, or paper muffins cups to about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Make a rum and Coke.
Toast to a new day, and don't forget to stick your muffins in the oven. Everyone will smell them and be up in 15 minutes, so drink your drink and enjoy the sunrise. Make coffee for the tee-totalers. Remove muffins from oven, after 15 minutes, and let cool for 5 minutes. Dip each muffin into glaze, and then into the nuts. Mix another rum and Coke, get on your swimsuit, and tell the rest of them to clean up the galley.

Shrimp Dilly Dip
(courtesy my departed mom, Deborah Daix Leipold)

1/4 cup "Hellman's" mayo (the only "real" mayo from a store)
1/4 cup sour cream (full strength, no-light stuff)
8 oz Philadelphia brand cream cheese, softened
6 oz canned tiny shrimp, rinsed, well-drained
2 T. minced yellow onion
Dill Weed to taste, more the better in my book.

Mix all together, cover, refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to meld.

Great on crackers, celery sticks, bagels, blah, blah...

Sirloin Beef Tits In Red Wine

Ok..Ok…it is Beef TiPs…..but the other makes me laugh. I’ll bet when you tell your family what you’re having for dinner, everyone shows up.

Heat your oven up to 375. Throw a couple slices of bacon or pancetta in a big Dutch Oven. Fry it up, and then take it out, leaving the grease in the pan. Go ahead and eat it. You know you want to. Throw in the beef tits and brown them on all sides. You are not cooking them, you are just giving them a suntan. Lord knows, tits look better when they are brown. Take them out of the pan, but do NOT eat them. Add a glass and a half of nice red wine to the pot.. Do not use crappy wine. If you wouldn’t drink it, don’t cook with it. Obviously you must have a glass for yourself, to determine the quality. Pour in some beef broth, don’t skimp, a little bit of tomato paste, salt, chopped garlic, marjoram, parsley, and a bay leaf. It always pisses me off when you use just a little bit of tomato paste, because then you have to throw the rest of the can away. So, use a little more than a tablespoon, so you don’t feel so guilty when you toss it. Always use fresh herbs when you can…..except for the marjoram. I’ve never seen that s*it in a store fresh. Bring all of this to a boil.

In a bowl, whisk together a couple of big spoons of flour and another half glass of wine. Of course, you must drink the first half of it, to again determine if it is still good. Add this liquid to your dutch oven. Add the beef, and the bacon (if you didn’t eat it). Now, throw in some peeled up pearl onions, a bunch of baby carrots, a shitload of tiny red potatoes, and a bunch of mushrooms cut in half. Cover it, and bake it in the oven for about 2 hours.

If you don’t feel like adding the carrots and potatoes, skip it. Pour it all on some noodles, and call it Sirloin Tits on Noodles. No matter what, they are going to love it.

Wear something low cut when you serve this meal, and it will be enjoyed all the better. Especially if you are 50 years old and a bit of a lush. (Like me)

Krazy Rum BBQ Sauce

1/2 cup rum
1/4 cup loose-packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Good splash of tabasco
1/4 cup Lite Soy Sauce
1 tsp ground curry
1 tsp salt
2 rounded Tbsp onion flakes
Garlic cloves, I use 4 cause I like garlic.
Instructions
Combine rum and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add orange juice concentrate, water, ketchup, vinegar, hot sauce and soy sauce. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until reduced by half. Allow to cool to room temperature. Best after 12 hours.
I make a batch of this at the start of bbq season and keep it in the fridge. For steaks, pork or chicken.

Taco Pie:
2 Pkgs complete corn bread mix Light beer can be used instead of water
1+lb. ground beef (we use ground turkey or chicken)
Taco seasoning
Grated cheese
Refried beans (or chili)
Sour cream
Avacado

Cook taco meat to taste..
Prepare a baking pan with either Pam or canola oil.
Mix cornbread and add 1/3 of the mixture to the pan.
Add taco meat followed by grated cheese and another 1/3 of the cornbread mix
Add refried beans or chili folowed by another layer of cheese.
Add final layer of cornbread mix, sprinkle chili powder on to for color/flavor.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and check cornbread with toothpick.
Slightly browned is good.
Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and serve in squares.
Top with avacado slices and serve sour cream on the side.
Quite yummy comfort food!

PAINKILLER SALSA
I'm sure other have variations of this but this is how I do it....
sorry I can't give you exact amounts on everything cuz I kinda just throw it all together:

diced tomatoes
chopped red onion or green onion
chopped garlic clove or two depending on size of dish
chopped fresh cilantro (be careful with this as too much can overpower a dish, start w/ a tsp...u can always add more)
chopped pineapple
chopped mandarin oranges
coconut flakes (a couple of tbs)
rum (pour rum into glass, spoon out a tsp or two into salsa, drink the rest while making the salsa)

the only thing I would say is to try and drain the toms(only use the flesh if not using canned), mandarin o's and pineapple as much as possble because the salsa I made the first couple of times was really watery...however you do it, it is still a huge hit at summer parties!
cheers! Laura

Brad
Never wait or hesitate
Re: Past TTOL recipes [Re: CaWino] #7757
04/24/2009 07:44 PM
04/24/2009 07:44 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!