Here is a rundown of some of our recent trip experiences:
We sailed the first night (Sat.) to Deadman's Bay Peter and anchored. The restaurant was closed but we were encouraged to stop at the bar in the resort. Captain was our very entertaining bartender and made a strong Dark and Stormy for my crewmate. Opted not to eat at the Sun. buffet ..collared shirts required.
Cooper Island for lunch was the best food of the cruise.... Fish and chips.
Anegada Beach Club was worth a visit. Got a tour inside of one of the tents... Beautiful! Showers were cool!
Had a nice evening listening to music upstairs at Marina Cay. Two years ago it was in disrepair. New managers have been working on it and the gardens are lovely and lighted at night. Good stop.
Manchineel Bay was our last night. Ate at Foxy's Taboo and only 2 other parties were there?!? At night we were surrounded by large tarpon swimming around the boat. At first we thought SHARK ... Turned out to be a fun night with the flashlight!
I have to mention that we stayed at 2 places new to us before and after the cruise. First, Fort Burt Hotel... Full of history and they too are working at renovating . Our room was simple and clean with a balcony overlooking the harbor. The waitress (Maya I think) was so informative and gave me a tray of coffee for our room.
Tamarind Club close to airport was our last night. At first we thought we were out of our element but we realized that it is a much loved place on the east end with a full restaurant for the SUNDAY brunch. We got welcoming drinks on the house upon arrival. Enjoyed music and the Masters on tv on couches. The pool was fabulous and our garden room was clean and simple. When we left at 5 in the morning, they had the coffee pot ready for us to turn on. And, the dinner that night was the best we had had all week along with the fish and chips. The place is not for everyone but we left with another BVI experience.