Monday, Monday.......can't trust that day!

So this is it - our girls are going home - all of them.

Started the day with coffee in the room and then hauled those young women out of bed and off to the Green Monkey at Ocean Club for some breakfast before their afternoon JB departure. We've dodged the raindrops so far........

And we are just back from dropping the ladies off at the airport. It seems so very quiet all of a sudden. I may just curl up with a book out on the balcony and take a nap.......it seems like it's just that kind of day. Oh, and the girls sent me a message already - they've cleared check-in and passport controls as well as the upstairs security and were settled in at their gate in less time than it took us to get back to our unit.

We enjoyed the quiet for a bit but about fourish we headed out for a gathering of SXM friends at Toppers hostessed by Jackie Rom and her daughter, Mickey. Topper put out a very nice 'nibbles' table and a lot of great people came out for the event. It was nice meeting everyone, so TY, Jackie for putting it all together.

We left there about sixish and headed into P'berg and we were finally able to make it down Front Street to enjoy a dinner at Antoine's and so very glad we did. Jean Pierre was not there this evening though Pierre was and he did the meet and greet, but his regular staff, Leo and Theresa introduced us to their so-called 'apprentices' who then reintroduced themselves to us as the new owners, so I guess it's on the way to happening - one of our favorite island institutions does sound as though it's about to change hands.

Anyway, we had eaten lots of 'nibbles' - right, Jackie? - at the party so we really weren't very hungry, but we still managed to down lobster Cesare Salads and a shared dessert soufflé. It was an effort, but we managed between us to finish. Boy, if true about the changing of the guard, we will miss this place. Some wonderful trip and family memories have all stemmed from the bounties of Antoine's by the Sea over more years than I can remember.

Anyway, we're home now and soon to bed, but wondering as we sit here, what the weather will bring for tomorrow. For those just come or soon to arrive, I hope the forecasts are wrong and the realities are much better than what they're telling us. Today certainly was.......

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."