Just got back from a long weekend in Florida. Spent a couple of days at Haulover. Was there on a Friday and Saturday. Friday the weather was nice, about 81degrees. The beach was quite crowded. A lot more couples and families then I usually see. I would say that 90% of the people were c/o or topless. In fact, if you were not nude while on the beach, you would certainly feel a little bit out of place. A lot fewer gawkers walking by then I have seen in the past. Perhaps it was because it was a workday and school is still in session. On Saturday, the South Floriday Free Beach organization was having a festival of sorts. Music, food, t-shirt sales, free cancer screening, volleyball etc. Because of this the beech was packed by 10am. This is a great organization and they do a heck of a job mainting the c/o status of the beech. They even had a c/o state representative there answering questions and doing a little campaigning.( I would vote for her, but I am not registered in Florida) Unfortuneatly this all came to an end about 11am when an unexpected front came through with clouds, high winds and a few showers. Too bad, because it had appeared that a lot of effort went in to organizing the event. About half of the beach goers left but some tuffed it out. <br><br>Haulover is a good example of how a c/o beach can exist in an urban environment without hassels and is a good lesson for other beach communities in the US. In fact since the establishment of the c/o status of Haulover, the crime rate has actually gone down and is almost non existent.. Prior there was a lot of drug trafficking, criminal elements etc in that area. Enjoyed my visit-looking forward to getting back soon.<br><br>