Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,006
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 29
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Manpot
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,513
Joined: May 2002
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
10 members (BHK, JAG1, marisol, dcarol, goose4793, shortypowers, SXMScubaman, golda1, 2 invisible), 372 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Todd
Total Likes: 2
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#350467 09/25/2026 10:44 PM
by Todd
Todd
Hi all,
I have been to the USVI, first time in the 70's, am a regular on SXM since 2002. I am not a cruiser but for the first time doing a cruise in over 30 years I will be one of those on a ship, Virgin Valiant Lady. We are in our 60's, I am not a tour with a large group type of person, enjoy the beach and local bars but also thinking of if we take a charter to The Baths. If you were to arrive, forced to or otherwise on a ship, what would you suggest to do? This will be late January and there will be another couple that likely will join us in what ever we do.
Thank you in advance,
Todd
Liked Replies
by IWIWSE
IWIWSE
Good evening,

My wife and I have been going to VG land based for years and if
I could offer any advice it would be to NOT tour the Baths any time a
cruise ship is in port. Think "10#s of Potato's in a 5# sack".

Some thoughts

You might think about making your own excursion.
Start by buying your ferry ticket at the dock. Saves about $50 each
for the same boat and dock the cruise sells.

When you get to VG have a pre-arranged taxi waiting at the dock to
take you on a private island tour.
Pretty sure Mahogany Rentals offers guided tours
The other taxi services probably have similar offers.

You might just have a taxi drop you off and pick you up at either
Savanna Bay or Spring Bay. Note that neither beach has facliities.
If you chose Savanna and didn't mention it to your table mates,
and didn't go on Sunday, you've got a good chance of having the
beach to yourselves.
If your boat offers an excursion to either beach, don't go there.

Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Mike
Sometimes I sit and think. Sometimes I just sit.
1 member likes this
by Manpot
Manpot
Another option..stay on Tortola and get a private , relaxing toiu. always use "AC"s Taxi and he has provided my guests and freinds with a wonderful experience in one of his new a/c vans.Just Google AC's Taxi Tortola and all his info is there...he will personalise your day to avoid the crowds and take you to places you may not know! Mention Malcolm recommended you!
1 member likes this
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5